[TriLUG] Job opening for Managed Services Engineer Intern

Robby Dermody robbyd at ctipath.com
Fri Aug 2 17:09:41 EDT 2013

Hey guys, I'm a longtime Linux user (got started with kernel 2.0.33 back 15
or so years ago). Our company, CtiPath, is looking for Managed Services
Engineer Intern local to the Raleigh-Durham area (our office is in
Morrisville) for an immediate opening.

For someone that has decent Linux experience and some experience
interfacing with customers, this is a great opportunity to improve your
skills and get a foot in in the niche enterprise Cisco contact center space
by working with large customers and keeping their contact center core
infrastructure running smoothly.

*What we do:* We build and maintain large enterprise-class Cisco contact
centers. We focus on the complex core infrastructure (and don't touch the
agent phones, IP phone systems, etc). Our customers include companies like
Esurance, several large public utility companies, and Carolinas Healthcare
System down in Charlotte. We also have our own product suite we developed
in-house, as well as an innovative Managed Services offering that melds
contact center with Splunk-driven realtime log analysis, automated callflow
testing, and real-time business intelligence dashboards. Our products make
use of technology such as Python, MongoDB, AJAX, RedisDB, Linode VPSes,
etc. A lot of this technology runs on Linux, so that’s why we’d like to
find someone with some Linux know-how for this position.

*What you will do:* As a Managed Services Engineer, you will interact
directly with the customers on our managed services offering (mostly large
enterprise-class corporate customers) to perform day-to-day managed
services activities (log reviews, reports, etc), as well as troubleshoot a
variety of contact center-related issues. You will also have a role in the
development of our products as it makes sense. We will invest in you and
provide you with the extensive training necessary to bring you up in this
field.

*Job Requirements:*

•         Self-starter: Must be able to operate with minimal guidance

•         Quick learner: A modern enterprise contact center includes so
many different components and products that must work together (which vary
from customer to customer), and as such it is a very challenging field. You
will always be learning something new in this job. Literally. You must be
able to pick things up on the fly and move with them.

•         Excellent speaking and written skills. A large chunk of this job
is talking to the various stakeholders, and developing documentation and
diagrams. You will be expected to be able to explain concepts effectively
to non-technical users, and work as a part of a team, under the supervision
of a project manager.

•         A year or two of Linux experience is a requirement. Windows,
Cisco IOS, networking experience are all big plusses.

•        Exposure to Windows Server required. Need to know how to work in
Windows and do basic sysadmin-type tasks…experience with Active Directory,
DNS, etc a huge plus.

•         Previous consulting experience of some kind: It's highly
recommended that you have previous experience working with customers to
solve their problems. Even if it was just with your own PC-repair or
website business.

office in Morrisville

*How much you will be paid:* We’ll start you out at $15-17/hr as an
employee, with regular raises as your aptitude in the field increases. In a
few years, you can be making 60-80K as a salaried Senior Managed Services
Engineer, and have a chance to move into a consulting role with six figure
opportunities.

*If interested:* Please email me at robbyd at ctipath.com with your resume and
relevant experience.

---