[TriLUG] Best appliance for Linux firewall?

Bill Vinson bill at vinsonweb.com
Mon Aug 12 12:36:54 EDT 2013

I'm enjoying this thread quite a bit despite being a lurker up until now :)

Binary blobs mean a closed source driver has to be used. Unfortunately, it
often prevents a system from being "truly" open. This actually comes up for
quite a bit of the hardware in existence in some form or fashion, so making
a fully open system can be rather difficult especially for embeeded/SoC
type hw.

- Bill