[TriLUG] Backup Win7 to Linux

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 08:48:44 EDT 2013

As a thought, why not setup an ownCloud server on a Linux machine in the same place and sync the user's data to it?  If you want to get fancy, run ZFS-On-Linux to get volume management, snapshots, and the ability to rsync the data to another server for backups.

In my experience, the only drawback of ownCloud right now is the client-side app - syncing performance when hosting lots and lots of files, and the manual configuration you must do to select files/folders you don't want to sync.  Other than that, I really like ownCloud.

My $0.02.

-Ron