[TriLUG] Late night IPv6

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Thu Aug 22 09:21:38 EDT 2013

After running with IPv6 on OpenWRT for over 3 months, I decided to
upgrade OpenWRT from Backfire (2010) to Attitude Adjustment (2012.09).
 The sysupgrade process went smoothly, and I re-installed the required
IPv6 packages (6in4, radvd, etc).

The Hurricane Electric Tunnel broker IPv6 configuration had changed a
little, but once fixed I could ping6 google.com from the router again.
 The IPv6 tunnel is working.

The problem is that non of the client machines on my home network can
ping IPv6 addresses.  The client machine interfaces only show the
private f80::xxx addresses and are not picking up the new
2001:470:XXXX:X address from the router.

The IPv6 Router Advertisement service (radvd package) is installed and enabled.

What else should I look for ?

Bill