[TriLUG] Late night IPv6

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Thu Aug 22 09:30:56 EDT 2013

Your clients might not be configured via sysctl to accept router advertisements via accept_ra option, though this is unlikely.

Additionally, it is possible that there is a firewall issue and the ICMPv6 packets are not making it to your clients. Install radvd on a client machine and use the radvdump executable that comes with it to monitor what comes through. The firewall issue might be on the router or the client.

Another thing to check is what interface the router advertises on. It is possible, though not likely that it is doing it on the wrong one.

That's all I can think off the top of my head so there may be something else.

Let us know how it goes.

Igor