[TriLUG] Work for UNC-Chapel Hill/RENCI

Jonathan Mills jonmills at renci.org
Tue Aug 27 20:50:01 EDT 2013

RENCI has an open job requisition for a "Senior Cloud Technology Systems Administrator".

The holder of this position will straddle two worlds:  balancing HPC resources for RENCI staff scientists, while providing a production-grade level of support for the ExoGENI Project (wiki.exogeni.net<http://wiki.exogeni.net/>).  The latter is part of the National Science Foundation's GENI Project, and aims to create a global testbed for distributed computing and network research projects (including SDN technologies like OpenFlow).  Now that ExoGENI has a sizable base of installed racks, the team needs help in the day-to-day support of this infrastructure, in testing new features, performing upgrades, and in responding to the needs of experimenters.

While experience is always helpful, we mostly need a sysadmin capable and willing to learn new technologies quickly, often, and without hesitation or ideological hangups.  We run pretty lean, but we have a relaxed atmosphere, no on-call, flexible environment, no micro-managers, and rather few meetings.  I've been here 2.5 years and can easily say RENCI is the most enjoyable employment of my career.  I hope some of you will consider applying for this opportunity to join the world of academic research computing.

Here's a link to the job posting on UNC's website:
https://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/31240

--
Jonathan Mills
Linux Systems Administrator