[TriLUG] September TA3M in Durham

Sean Alexandre sean at alexan.org
Sat Aug 31 11:48:43 EDT 2013

You're invited to the September Techno-Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) in Durham!
TA3M is an informal meetup for techno-activists, hacktivists and anyone
interested in free and open technology. The event takes place in different
cities around the globe every third Monday of the month.

WHAT: TA3M in Durham [1,2]
WHEN: Monday September 16th from 7pm 'till 9pm
WHERE: SplatSpace [3]
TOPIC: Cryptography and GPG [4,5]

TA3M is explicitly informal and open. You're invited to hack the process, ask
questions, and be critical. You are very welcome to join in if you have
something you want to share or discuss. A lot of the time in each meeting has
been spent discussing recent events, and things people are interested in or
active with.

This month's presentation will be on cryptography. We'll start with
a high-level overview of the different kinds of cryptography and where it's
been made easy to use. Then we'll focus on where it's not always so easy to
use, looking at public key cryptography and some of its practical uses:
encrypting email and verifying software packages with GPG.

[1] http://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays
[2] http://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays:durham
[3] http://splatspace.org/location/
[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptography