[TriLUG] Squid configuration question

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Sep 4 20:29:23 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 04:37:10PM -0400, Kevin Otte wrote:
> Anytime you see a Connection refused type error and nothing in the
> application logs, check the firewall rules.

I agree, and that is a possibility, in this case, but what confused me
is that there were two different, "unusual" sources, and they behaved
differently.

In other words, I had never used either of these locations to "call
home," but the two locations produced different results.  To me, that
isn't perhaps something on the destination machine, but maybe something
in between.

In any case, it doesn't matter any more, I'm back, and that only
mattered while I was on the road.

Brian