[TriLUG] Linux Laptop, free to good home.

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 19:19:02 EDT 2013

Hey,

Anyone else got any other free, old laptops?  Long story but I have some
contacts in Liberia who could really use them

Long version; started trying to work with them in 2009. But issue was
Liberia does not have a fast connection to the backbone. They have fast
enough internet within the country. Also, low income levels mean most
would-be techies can't afford the basics of a computer. So, I plan to send
my old laptop to them but just need to locate a power supply for it. I
would send to:
Caesar Morris, former lead of Liberian Internet Computer Restoration
Society, and now runs an ISP in Monrovia. His team can mix and match and
repair etc. The $400 cost for a used laptop in Liberia is beyond what most
can afford; so, anything would be of great use to them. In 2009, I sent a
very stuffed training DVD with several free books and videos on programming
topics etc.

Thanks,
Tim