[TriLUG] Looking for Hierarchical Data Documenting Tool

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at att.net
Wed Sep 18 10:55:05 EDT 2013

Hi William,

The functionality in "tree" is pretty basic.  In fact, I wrote something
similar in perl  over a decade ago
(http://trilug.org/~chilcote/Perl/html-tree.html
<http://trilug.org/%7Echilcote/Perl/html-tree.html>).  It generates HTML
but is very limited otherwise.  What I'm aiming for now is a more
polished and navigable interface that is easier to extend.

A hacked Doxygen/Graphviz doc builder is the best example I've found so
far (example
<http://www-scf.usc.edu/%7Epeterchd/doxygen/example/main_8c.html>).  But
it would require a lot of finagling to get a
non-source-code-documentation-ish result.  The Venn diagram doesn't
quite reach.

It's been some years since I looked at tools of this nature, so I'm
mainly wondering whether something that would do a better job has shown up.

Thanks much!

   Scott