[TriLUG] Linux SBCs and self-guided remote control vehicles

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Fri Sep 27 20:43:15 EDT 2013

Something that identifies weeds, then drills a hole at their root, then
drops a few Zoysia hybrid seeds in the hole would be nice. It could
probably be done with OpenCV and a Raspberry Pi. http://opencv.org/

Here is a video of a water cannon that identifies and shoots squirrels but
not birds, shared previously on this list
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPgqfnKG_T4

IEEE Robotics and Automation / Triangle Amateur Robotics meetings are 7pm,
the 1st Monday every month at NCSU Centennial Campus EB1 Room 1005 , 911
Partners Way, Raleigh, NC 27606. The reason I know that, I am publishing a
list weekly that tracks the topics, times, and locations of about 80 tech
groups in the RTP area called the Triangle Area Career Development
Newsletter. This curated publication was started by Harold Meder about 10
years ago. It is an incredible resource, however, it has never been
monetized in any way, which is awesome because there are no ads etc.. Alan
Porter introduced me to the publication at my first TriLUG meeting 3 years
ago and it has been a real gem. I never thought I would be taking over the
duty of publishing it every week. Anyhoo...

Here is the link if interested: