[TriLUG] October TA3M

Sean Alexandre sean at alexan.org
Sun Sep 29 09:54:25 EDT 2013

You're invited to the October Techno-Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) in Durham!
TA3M is an informal meetup designed to connect software creators and activists
who are interested in censorship, surveillance, and open technology. The event
takes place in different cities around the globe every third Monday of the
month.

WHAT: TA3M in Durham [1,2]
WHEN: Monday October 21st from 7pm 'till 9pm
WHERE: SplatSpace [3]
TOPIC: Lightning Talks and Hack Night

TA3M is explicitly informal and open. You're invited to hack the process, ask
questions, and be critical. You are very welcome to join in if you have
something you want to share or discuss.

This month we'll be having "lightning talks" [4], followed by a hack night.
The focus for the lightning talks will be an open Internet: tools, policy, and
anything related to an Internet free from censorship and surveillance. We've
already got a few talks lined up. Do you have ideas you'd like to share? We'd
love to hear them. No advance registration is required. Just show up ready to
present. Each talk will run 5-10 minutes. A laptop will be hooked up to the
projector for slides, if you want to use slides.

Following the lightning talks we'll have a hack night to work on anything open
Internet related, with a focus on what we've looked at in previous meetings
(Tor, Tails, ownCloud, and GPG.) Is there anything about your setup that's not
working, or you'd like to change?  Bring it to hack night and let's see what we
can do! This part of the meeting will last for as long as folks want to stay.

[1] https://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays
[2] https://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays:durham
[3] http://splatspace.org/location/
[4] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_Talk