[TriLUG] LISA Conference, 3-8 Nov 2013, Washington D.C

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Mon Oct 14 14:16:37 EDT 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Julie Miller <julie at usenix.org>
Date: Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Subject: Join Us at LISA '13

Hi there,

It would be much appreciated if you could forward this email on to the
members of your user group. If several members are interested in
attending, I'd be happy to extend our "multi-employee" discount.
Please note that the early bird registration deadline is tomorrow:
Tuesday, October 15, 2013. Let me know if you have any questions, and
thank you.

Join us at LISA '13, the 27th Large Installation System Administration
Conference, taking place November 3-8, 2013, in Washington, D.C.

Register by October 15 and take advantage of the early bird pricing.
Planning to stay in the conference hotel? The hotel reservation
discount deadline is also October 15, and rooms are going fast. Book
your room today.

Read on for the top six reasons to attend LISA '13:

1. Face Time with Industry Leaders
Network with peers and luminaries in the "Hallway Track" and during
the activities, including:
- Attending (or organizing) a BoF
- Learning about new technologies at the Vendor Exhibition
- Check out the brand new LISA Lab Hack Space

2. Top-Notch Training
Highly respected experts uncover new information and skills you can
take back to work tomorrow. Take anywhere from 1 to 6 full days of
training and create the curriculum that meets your needs. Learn from:

- John Looney on Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Stuart Kendrick on Root Cause Analysis
- Steven Murawski on PowerShell
- Aeleen Frisch on File Systems
- Nathen Harvey on Chef
- David Nalley on Apache Cloudstack
- Tom Limoncelli on Time Management

3. Invited Talks
Key members of the community discuss timely and important topics, including:

- Jason Hoffman's Keynote Address, "Modern Infrastructure: The
Convergence of Network, Compute, and Data"
- Hilary Mason's Plenary, "Data Engineering for Complex Systems"
- Todd Underwood's Closing Session: "PostOps: A Non-Surgical Tale
ofbSoftware, Fragility, and Reliability"

4. You'll Hear It Here First
Check out the latest research in the paper presentations, workshops,
and poster session.

5.Get Answers
Bring your questions to the experts in the Guru Is In sessions.
Presentations include:

- Daniel J Walsh on SELinux
- Adele Shakal on project management
- Charles Wimmer on Hadoop
- Owen DeLong on IPv6
- Stephen Frost on PostgreSQL

6. Attend one of the co-located events

- SESA '13: the inaugural USENIX Summit for Educators in System Administration
- LISA Data Storage Day
- PuppetCamp DC
- Build A Cloud Day

Don't forget: register by October 15 and save!

Can't make it to Washington, D.C.? Purchase the live streaming for the
technical sessions or selected training courses.

Need more convincing? Use our "Convince Your Boss" letter to get
management's approval.

P.S. Connect with other attendees, check out additional discounts, and
help spread the word!
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/usenixassociation
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/USENIXAssociation
Google+: https://plus.google.com/108588319090208187909
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/USENIX-Association-49559/about
Twitter: http://twitter.com/lisaconference #lisa13

27th Large Installation System Administration Conference
November 3-8, 2013
Washington, D.C.
Early Bird Registration Deadline: October 15, 2013

Julie Miller
Marketing Communications Manager
USENIX Association

julie at usenix.org