[TriLUG] MichaelC introduction

Michael Coburn michael at gravis.ca
Wed Oct 23 22:50:45 EDT 2013

Hello, I'm not sure if TriLUG does intro emails or not, but anyway here
goes :)

My name is Michael Coburn and I signed up for TriLUG yesterday -- I can't
believe it took me this long!  I moved to the Triangle area in 2011 and now
live in Holly Springs after having moved from Calgary, Alberta.  Yep I'm a
Canadian (hometown is actually Toronto).  I have been a
SysAdmin/Networks/DBA for almost 15 years and worked at sites such as
iStockphoto, Getty Images, and iContact (now Vocus, based in Morrisville)
and in the last 8 years have specialized in MySQL.  I currently work from
home for Percona <http://www.percona.com/> as a Consultant where I provide
MySQL and LAMP advice to all sorts of customers, large and small.

I have been a member of the Toronto Linux Users Group and am a big Open
Source proponent -- beyond Linux on the laptop, Android on the cell phone,
Asterisk as the home PBX provider, and MythTV for home videos for the kids,
at home I've displaced as much proprietary software as possible!

So, I'm glad to be a member of TriLUG and I look forward to contributing to
the quality of the discussions both on and off the list. I hope to meet
many of you at the November 14th meeting regarding Cryptography and GPG.
I'll be bringing my fingerprint so that we can continue to expand the web
of trust -- can I count on meeting others who are willing to sign?
--
Michael Coburn
http://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelacoburn