[TriLUG] MichaelC introduction

Brian lugmail at cheetah.dynip.com
Thu Oct 24 01:04:46 EDT 2013

On 10/23/2013 11:05 PM, Francois Dion wrote:
> <snip> Anybody remember the Gravis company
> from Canada? Gravis joysticks of course, but more than that, the famous
> Gravis Ultrasound soundcard. Did all the mixing in hardware, great card for
> modtrackers and stuff like that. <snip>

Sadly I never had a GUS, but I was big into tracking for a while on the
family 486 with its SoundBlaster 16 and a boot disk for Fast Tracker II
(with the built-in Nibbles game!).  There were some fantastic pieces of
music out there, too.

I had a Gravis Gamepad too.  Kicked some evil toad butt in Battle Beast
with that thing.  Ah, memories!

~B