[TriLUG] MichaelC introduction

Nikolas Everett nik9000 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 08:44:32 EDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 23, 2013 at 10:50 PM, Michael Coburn <michael at gravis.ca> wrote:

> Hello, I'm not sure if TriLUG does intro emails or not, but anyway here
> goes :)

I didn't know this was a thing for TriLUG so I never did it but it sounds
fun so here goes.  I'll copy Michael's format because it seemed to work.

My name is Nik Everett and I signed up for TriLUG a few months ago but have
never made it to a meeting.  I'm in #trilug on freenode as manybubbles.
I've lived in the Triangle since I was a teenager so I really don't have an
excuse for not joining a long time ago.  My job title's always matched
"Software Engineer" modulo synonyms but I package software, hack puppet
configs, optimize queries, and write browser tests on a regular basis too.
Currently I'm working on a search solution in for an open source
PHP/MariaDB application but that has involved hacking the upstream Java
search tools a bit too.  Variety is good, I guess.

I don't consult and don't have a ton of free time but I'd be happy to rant
to you on any number of topics if asked.

Nik