[TriLUG] Tool for new build system

Bryan Pearson bwp.pearson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 29 12:30:51 EDT 2013

Expanding on the previous statement, Vagrant can use puppet,chef, ansible,
and others which is useful for cases like this.  You basically set a
baseline setup, install the OS, etc connect puppet, and it will based on
your setting install the packages, and configure them. Then in the future
if you make adjustments all OSes that should will apply those adjustments.

I gather you are more interested in hand installing then running a script
that will check for certain configurations, users added, packages
installed, certain configurations, etc. I would prefer puppet, chef

Bryan