[TriLUG] U-Verse for us

Bill Farrow bill at arrowsreach.com
Fri Nov 1 16:37:04 EDT 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM, James Jones <jc.jones at tuftux.com> wrote:
> It seems that Uverse with TV seems to be a static IP. Mine has not changed
> since I started with Uverse ( went and checked, I have been with Uverse
> since april ).  Even with power failures,etc.

I have the same experience with TWC in Raleigh. My IP address has not
change for long time. What is even stranger is that when I bought a
new modem and gave TWC my new MAC Address, the new modem got my
original IP address.

I suspect that they are semi-statically assigning IP addresses, which
would make it easier to move to bandwidth caps or law enforcement.

Bill