[TriLUG] [Novalug] Comparing Clouds; A trivial test. (fwd)

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 08:29:04 EST 2013

Totally subjective but we use devzing which uses Amazon. Talk about click
and wait. Happy about everything else with them but if they can't get
Amazon to step its performance up to at least where may laptop was in 2003,
then we'll soon have to migrate. Its just irritating to make a change in
bugzilla and then have to wait 20 seconds for the commit and page refresh.
I'll also note github has some nice little timing issues too such as when
you do a merge using their website. They tell you it is async in the
message on the web page: and it can take several minutes to propagate. I
normally go "get a coffee" as I've been burned several times by trying to
issue a pull or such after a merge only to find later the merge was not yet
completed. I suspect this is because of whatever host they are using.
$.02,
Tim