[TriLUG] Freelance consulting for me

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Wed Nov 6 11:33:55 EST 2013

Hi All,

I have been fighting this for far too long -- I should have screamed for
help long ago.

Back at the beginning of the year, a client of mine upgraded their
server from AIX 5 to 6.1.  ( I think it was 5, not 4. )  It IS a PPC
machine, and always has been.

This machine had been running with a (L)A(M)P stack and software that I
maintain for perhaps five years.

It uses Informix as the database, and that was upgraded, too.

OK, so the issues are primarily to do with the GD component of PHP.  The
PHP that I am able to use with this machine does not seem to have GD
built in, so I need to get it from somewhere else.

Obtaining source code is not a problem, compiling it seems to be a major
roadblock.  Everything that I try seems to fail in some way or another.

Is there someone out there who is familiar with this environment, or at
least well enough to help me get farther down the road.

For the right help, I am even willing to pay out of my own pocket to get
this out of my ( non-existent ) hair.

Thanks,
Brian