[TriLUG] Freelance consulting for me

Brian McCullough bdmc at buadh-brath.com
Fri Nov 8 11:20:21 EST 2013

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 10:14:38AM -0500, Keith Woodie wrote:
> I wish my memory was better, because I (in a previous life) compiled PHP
> and I believe GD was there for AIX.

To be more specific, I have tried downloading the source from php.net,
as well as the IBM SDK for the Informix driver, to try and compile a
"complete" copy of PHP, but can't seem to make either one of them
compile.

I have also downloaded the source for the GD library, and other
dependencies and attempted to compile them.

I have found binaries ( RPMs ) for GCC and various other components, but
not everything that I seem to need.

The closest that I think that I have come, has been with, if I remember
correctly, PHP, which appears to compile, but doesn't link.  It's been a
couple of weeks since I last fought this, so I may be forgetting
something.

Brian