[TriLUG] static website generators

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 08:17:53 EST 2013

I'd probably consider using an attribute and then substitution. That way
you can have your filly constituted HTML website for your html artists to
work with but also substitute your changing data.  Just put an attribute
with a UUID and then write some script to change the "value" attribute or
change the inner HTML etc. (in static pages using Perl etc, not in
javascript) That's like what the Freemarker, JSP, etc. frameworks largely
do anyways but they do it at runtime, every time (st00pid).

I scanned the links provided but the "examples" didn't make it evident what
they do. Maybe they do just that.

My $.02,
Tim