[TriLUG] my relationship with TWC is at an end.

Pete Soper pete at soper.us
Thu Nov 21 12:36:07 EST 2013

On 11/20/2013 02:31 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Nov 2013 21:35:24 -0500
> Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For the life of me I can't figure out how basic TWC high-speed with an
>> cable modem rental would come out to $60/month and it's less at
>> Earthlink riding over the same infrastructure.  Not much but a bit.
> Lack of competition.
And the last mile. My last mile is a 20 year old underground phone cable
that gets me 3mbps for $45/month. The obnoxious thing is that I'm 200
yards from the highway where the magic box sits and delivers Uverse to
others, where the TWS cable runs, etc. But this 3mbps beats the hell out
of a dialup modem and a DNS cache. :-)

-Pete