[TriLUG] December Durham TA3M: "You broke the Internet. We're making ourselves a GNU one."

Sean Alexandre sean at alexan.org
Thu Nov 28 09:12:36 EST 2013

You're invited to the December Techno-Activism Third Mondays (TA3M) in Durham!
TA3M is an informal meetup designed to connect software creators and activists
who are interested in censorship, surveillance, and open technology. The event
takes place in different cities around the globe every third Monday of the
month.

WHAT: TA3M in Durham [1,2]
WHEN: Monday December 16th from 7pm 'till 9pm
WHERE: SplatSpace [3]
TOPIC: "You broke the Internet. We're making ourselves a GNU one." [4,5]

Let's meet and watch some highlights from the recent presentation "You broke
the Internet. We're making ourselves a GNU one." This was a presentation from
August, in Berlin, where many of the leading voices for a free Internet met
to present ideas on new protocols and applications. We'll watch highlights
from their talks, and then discuss.

Also, lightning talks! Got one to share? We'd love to hear it. Just come
prepared to present. No need for advance notice. A laptop and projector will be
available, if you have slides you want to share.

[1] https://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays
[2] https://wiki.openitp.org/events:techno-activism_3rd_mondays:durham
[3] http://splatspace.org/location/
[4] http://youbroketheinternet.org/