[TriLUG] Help with proxy setup

Ron Kelley rkelleyrtp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 10:09:13 EST 2013

Thanks for the info Matt.  Before going toward nginx, I looked at HAProxy
but could not find any example configurations of DNS-based back-end
servers.  All the examples I saw were for static pools of servers on the
back end.  I just want a proxy tool (haproxy, nginx, etc) to simply forward
the inbound HTTP traffic to the server on the back end that matches the
URL's domain name (using an internal DNS server for lookups).  Do you have
such an example you can share?

Thanks.