[TriLUG] Frontier doing packet inspection?

Craig Cook cncook001 at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 13:22:34 EST 2013

>> Or, what makes you think Frontier is not running a large proxy farm that you

>> can't see.? They make the proxy return "friendly" errors.
>
>this is the most likely explanation. I take it there's no easy way around this?

Trying to bypass a proxy like that is difficult.  One thought would be to use a VPN tunnel though the proxy.  Then hope your termination end doesn't use a proxy themselves ;)

Some proxies can intercept traffic by doing man-in-the-middle type games.  I know blue coat proxies can intercept ssl traffic and pass it back to you without the user being aware.

Craig