[TriLUG] best home router for voip prioritization

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 12:00:46 EST 2013

>John, why do you use DD-WRT over OpenWRT? Have you tried both and liked
>DD-WRT better or have you not gotten a chance to try one over the other?

Igor,

It really boils down to one reason. I started back when OpenWRT was still new and didn't support the $20 refurb routers that I was buying and still using. So for pure cost reasons I stuck with dd-wrt.

I have read compelling arguments for using OpenWRT as the better choice, and I have considered switching over, but once I spend the time to get everything working, I don't like to mess with it until I am ready to put time into an improvement plan. I use my routers at home for production level resources and I just do not like to throw wrenches into the mix.

That's all, just maximizing my productivity by minimizing my tools. I will eventually delve into OpenWRT.

John Vaughters