[TriLUG] best home router for voip prioritization

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 09:03:40 EST 2013

Joe,

I used to do that to Joe, but I just got tired of dealing with old hardware, not to mention the power costs. I find getting a decent low cost, low power refurb router and loading *WRT to be sufficient for my needs. I understand that it does not do all that you are doing, but for the cost you are spending in electricity you may find it makes more sense to pay for a decent router with a linux load will do most what you want and the rest can be done behind the firewall with more recent hardware that you are probably already running.

Just a thought,

John Vaughters