[TriLUG] Need some help parsing a file

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 30 10:14:43 EST 2013

Peter,

>Didn't bother trying. I like my version of William Sutton's regex, but the
>earliest 'cut' solution was clearly what Brian needed. All the rest of our
>activity is an attempt to show whether we are good ad-hoc code writers.
>And I'm not the one who handed you the humility. Our own code does that
>for us, every single day. Who was the computer-science guru who wrote,
>long ago, "on the difficulty of accomplishing much"?

I didn't expect you to bother. I didn't think this was your problem. But I guess you have different views than me. I genuinely try to help by providing examples of technique. I really could care less about showing skill level. I just know I like as many examples and understanding as possible when I ask a question and try to help with the same if I can help.

Sorry you saw it as something other than that and decided to take the route you took.

John Vaughters