[TriLUG] have ya'll seen this?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Wed Jan 1 13:19:39 EST 2014

According to Wikipedia...

-----

SELinux is available with commercial support as part of Red Hat Enterprise
Linux (RHEL) version 4 and all future releases. This presence is also
reflected in corresponding versions of CentOS and Scientific Linux. The
supported policy in RHEL4 is the targeted policy which aims for maximum
ease of use and thus is not as restrictive as it might be. Future versions
of RHEL are planned to have more targets in the targeted policy which will
mean more restrictive policies.

In free community supported GNU/Linux distributions, Fedora was one of the
earliest adopters, including support for it by default since Fedora Core
2. Other distributions include support for it such as Debian as of the
etch release[23] and Ubuntu as of 8.04 Hardy Heron.[24] As of version
11.1, openSUSE contains SELinux “basic enablement”.[25] SUSE Linux
Enterprise 11 features SELinux as a “technology preview”.[26]

-----

Not saying that Debian-ish don't use AppArmor, but it does still sound
like they include SELinux.

William Sutton