[TriLUG] have ya'll seen this?

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 1 22:56:26 EST 2014

>If you have data the NSA really wants, they will get it.

How right you are.

If you are connected to any network that has a connection to any WAN provider, ie Verizon, AT&T or any other your screwed. No if ands or buts. Let's face it if you type it on a computer with WAN access in the network it can be read. That is the demarcation line. So if you don't want it read unplug your computer, add printer and print encoded 2D barcodes and mail it to someone that is unplugged and has a 2D barcode reader and the encryption keys. This will only save you if the paper is not intercepted and scanned. So unless you carry the message yourself, have your own private fiber that is point to point and not through any ISP, your screwed.  I suspect but do not truly know for sure that there is no encryption that we have access to that cannot be cracked.

Good Luck to anyone that tries. You'll need a huge budget, people that are willing to work on this task, and constant Gov. harassment once they catch on.

I do not personally use SElinux and from this thread it seems not many others use it either. Funny that the Gov. put so much emphasis on having it available for use and setting the requirements for it's features. I guess the problem is that they make it so difficult that few find it fits their needs without a bunch of work.

John Vaughters