[TriLUG] Need some help parsing a file

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 1 23:16:00 EST 2014

>I replace the spaces with underscores before saving.

Steve,

I completely agree. You know who also replaces spaces in names to underscores? ans: Wikipedia

Ever notice how you create a MediaWiki article with spaces and when you go to that article it has underscores?

I understand the ease and use of it, but it makes coding unecessarily difficult. Sure you can do it and the technology exists to make it easy to deal with in code, but still extra work. I will stick to the UNIX standard of not using spaces in file names. I still know many that cringe at the thought.

I guess that is what I would call the begining of old age when you cling to the ways of the past and most others do not. From there we just become cranky old giesers `,~)

John Vaughters