[TriLUG] Choosing a new home computer

John Mitchell john280z at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 09:54:45 EST 2014

If you're not a Gamer:

Minimum of Intel Core i5 CPU - be aware that there are several flavors of
each Intel CPU, the slower ones run much faster than you can type and are
much cheaper. (I'm not a fanboy of the Core i3),

If you don't need Dual Displays (which I run), most of the motherboard
Video will do fine.
(I wouldn't spend more than $75 on a video card and would look for a card
that did not have a Fan)

No less than 4 Gb Ram - if you only need a 32 bit OS. (you didn't specify)

Nothing wrong at all going with Intrex, without Windows it's a $110.00
savings.

If you are a Gamer, why are you asking on this list?        ;)

john mitchell