[TriLUG] Question about meeting this thursday

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 09:05:49 EST 2014

Topic: What's new in MySQL 5.6 and Percona Server 5.6
Presenter: Peter Zaitsev
When: Thursday, 9th January 2014, 7pm (pizza from 6.45pm)
Where: NC State Engineering Building II Room 1025, Centennial Campus
Parking: The parking decks and Oval Drive street parking are free
after 5pm
Meeting URL: http://trilug.org/2014-01-09/mysql

This month's presentation will be an overview of new features and
performance improvements found in MySQL 5.6 and Percona Server 5.6.
through practical approach of why does it matter for you and to what
production use cases do they benefit. Peter managed the High Performance
Group within MySQL until 2006, when he founded Percona. He has a
Master's Degree in Computer Science and is an expert in database
kernels, computer hardware, and application scaling.

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:02 AM, Stephen Baker
<stephenisthebaker at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hello all!
>
> I'm new still to the area and wanted to make it this week to the TriLug
> meeting if it's happening thursday.
>
> I understand the specific location and time is posted to the mailing list,
> which I just subscribed to.  Could someone confirm the location and time
> for me?
>
> Much appreciated!
>
> -Stephen
> --