[TriLUG] Laptop Backpacks...

bak bak at picklefactory.org
Thu Jan 9 10:12:16 EST 2014

Tom Bihn Brain Bag. Could probably fit two 15" laptops in there along with your clothes, though on my last trip to Europe I only had to fit 1 (and clothes, shoes, zip-case full of cables and tech junk, notebooks, iPad, kindle, PS Vita, external keyboard, water bottle, power adapters...). If you get a Brain Cell (laptop sleeve) it's even mounted on straps that let you slide it out of the bag and through the TSA's x-ray without de-sleeving it.

http://www.tombihn.com/PROD/TB0104.html

Bought it after many years of using an Empire Builder -- good for hauling stuff around at work, but a one-shoulder briefcase arrangement was causing shoulder problems on actual trips.

Tom Bihn bags are pretty much indestructible. I had some velcro peel up from its stitching from the internal laptop case of my EB and they fixed it (and reinforced it) for free; I only had to pay to ship it to them. Also their pocket arrangements tend to be brilliant without being fiddly.

My $0.02.

--bak