[TriLUG] Raspberry Pi, linux, motion and the R.Pi camera board

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 10:30:21 EST 2014

I've been running internet-connected webcams using the linux "motion"
package and USB webcams for some time now (running on the Raspberry Pi
using Raspbian as the base OS).  This morning I read a new Python package
that allows control of the R.Pi camera has been released and is available
via apt-get:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/5672

I am thinking of ditching the USB cameras and using Python and an IR sensor
as the motion trigger for the hardwired R.Pi camera.

Is anyone else doing anything like this?  If so let me know and we can toss
ideas to one another - what works and most importantly what does not.

Greg