[TriLUG] [OT] Strange Beep from Back-UPS XS 1200

David Burton ncdave4life at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 13:48:51 EST 2014

Gruber is reputable. I bought four RBC2 batteries (7.2 A-hr, 12v,
sealed) from Gruber in mid-Summer 2012. Three are still in service in APC
UPSs, and seem fine. The fourth I think had some issue, either with the
battery or with the UPS, last summer(?), but I can't recall the details.

Actually, what I bought were two RBC5 battery
sets<http://www.ebay.com/itm/RBC5-RBC9-RBC22-RBC32-RBC33-RBC48-APC-UPS-SU450NET-/171205921373?pt=US_Uninterruptible_Power_Supplies&hash=item27dcab0a5d>,
which are just pairs of RBC2s. I saved a few dollars that way, over
ordering individual RBC2s. (Oddly enough, it was cheaper to buy from
Gruber's eBay store than directly on their web site.)

I got four batteries, shipped to my door, for less than $60 -- less than
half the price of BatteriesPlus.

Dave