[TriLUG] open ports on Uverse 2wire gateway

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Sat Jan 25 19:18:02 EST 2014

All,

Sorry for the absence from discussion. Had a major Family Emergency.
Things under control and as the Terminator would say, "I am back".

Seems as though Igor has the closest understanding to my problem.

Getting a better modem & router is probably not  in the cards. It is
Uverse's ( AT&T )property. Could ask for a replacement.

Barry said -- "but you are upset that they have ports open that allow
them to access the device?"

They claim no ports open, but they are just looking at the same thing
I see when I access the their gateway controls (nothing ). Side note,
the ports shown as open by nmap are listed as being used by apple
software. I have deleted all apple software ( bonjour, quicktime, etc
) from the winxp machine. The ports are still open.

And yes to answer the question posed by Uverse, and others,--- I did
power cycle the gateway more than once.

Thanks for the comments. Anyone else?

jcj KK4VUS