[TriLUG] is anyone using MythTV as a DVR?

Tom Eisenmenger teisenmenger at charter.net
Sat Jan 25 19:32:55 EST 2014

I've only been running MythTV since summer 2012, but I've been very
pleased with it.  I went with Mythbuntu 12.04.  My hardware is modest
(Athlon 64X2, 250G HD, Hauppage PVR-500) and it helps that my cable
provider still provides an analog signal (although that will end
sometime this year).  It does take some effort to configure everything,
but once it's up-and-running it's pretty much bullet-proof.

As far as the interface goes, you have a choice of several menu setups
and themes so it's relatively easy to find something you like.