[TriLUG] open ports on Uverse 2wire gateway -- revisited

James Jones jc.jones at tuftux.com
Tue Feb 4 22:47:01 EST 2014

All,

Could anyone on trilug that uses UVERSE for their internet provider,
do the following for me:

Go to GRC.com's Shields up and use the user specified port probe with
the following ports listed in the dialog box:

3479, 49152, 61001

and let me know the results. I have scanned two RG boxes ( with
permission ) and also used shields up as well. both gave me the same
results.

I also scanned a bellsouth.net dsl connection ( again with permission
) and the ports on their modem ( not a uverse type gateway ) same
ports above were closed.

I wished to determine if all are the same as my results.

Thanks for any help.

jcj KK4VUS

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Feb 2014, James Jones wrote:
>
>> Joe and all,
>>
>> I still I have a feeling that I am not conveying my problem correctly.
>

> this is pretty much the picture I'd got.
>
> From what I can see, the problem isn't yours to fix. Your customer has an
> internet provider/connection which fails PCI and you can't fix it. If UVERSE
> can't provide the customer with what the customer wants, then the customer
> goes elsewhere.
>

> Joe

> jmack (at) wm7d (dot) net - azimuthal equidistant map
> generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml
> Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!
> --
> This message was sent to: jc jones <jc.jones at tuftux.com>