[TriLUG] laptop shopping

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Wed Feb 5 00:02:16 EST 2014

Any recommendations for a laptop that has suspend-to-disk (hibernate to
disk) and Just Works (TM)?  I used to love the feature on my old Sony Vaio
PCG-505GX, but it's been out of date for a decade, and my current
MacBookPro (which doesn't have it) is showing signs of advanced age.

Preferences:
1. small-ish (17" is too big... 12"-14" would be nice)
2. supports suspend-to-disk under Linux
3. decent video card (NV would be nice)
4. wireless works under Linux without too much trouble

I like Sony and I like Lenovo, but I'm not stuck on either one.  I refuse
to use Compaq/HP/Dell.

Looking forward to the suggestions....

William Sutton