[TriLUG] laptop shopping

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Wed Feb 5 20:46:52 EST 2014

My understanding was that the screen is the biggest selling feature of the Pixel. Pure hardware specs are probably won by the likes of Alienware. However, as I understand it, currently if you want an Ultra-HD screen on a laptop your choices are limited to some MacBook Pro models and the Pixel.

My take on buying laptops is that the construction of the case, the screen, and the keyboard are the main features. I don't know why more companies do not put more effort into making those three areas better. This is what ultimately drove me towards Apple products: they put a lot of thought into the way the device looks and feels before you even power it on.

Igor