[TriLUG] laptop shopping

Jeremy Davis jeremyhwllc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 21:27:28 EST 2014

With Linux and Google, nearly all things are possible. Google Play would
find your music and upload it. That would be the last time you need to sync
anything.

Google Docs converts everything to and from MS Office formats and Microsoft
does not offer anything to my knowledge that is fast, dead simple, and
collaborative as the Google Docs. In the rare case Gdocs won't do the job,
LibreOffice will.

Not sure what you mean by multimedia. I think the only major advantage
Apple has is video editing. Perhaps graphics design too but mostly because
colleges generally don't offer courses that teach GIMP and the other OSS
graphics tools.

All that syncing with Apple and MSFT devices is frustrating. Linux and
Google delivered me from that evil years ago.