[TriLUG] laptop shopping

Jeremy Davis jeremydavis at jeremydavis.biz
Wed Feb 5 22:45:01 EST 2014

>Consumer-level "cloud" is a bigger scam than closed-source OS.

Yeah, Google is kind of like free cigarettes, great and satisfying right
now... but we all know one day we might regret it. I figure if I use Gmail,
I might as well use everything else they offer that makes like easy.

Thanks for the links! Icecast2 would be nice for a CC music radio station.

To relate this conversation to laptop shopping, I have been buying or
recommending Google Chromebooks for friends and family because they are
cheap, virtually maintenance free, and they just work right out of the box.
So now when I go home to visit, I am not fixing computer problems anymore.