[TriLUG] Win7 & virtual machines

John Vaughters jvaughters04 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 09:25:45 EST 2014

Windows = Complicated Licenses

Right off the bat I would agree to read the actual license you have for the version you have. Windows makes the most ridicules licenses you can imagine and their is constant arguments about what they even mean. Having gotten my frustration out on Windows, I believe you will find that it is in fact a license per installed OS for a workstation license. If you are only running one license at a time, you may be able to get away with a single license on a technicality or stretch of the definition, but I am not entirely sure without reading the license. Meaning, you may be able to potentially have multiple VM's but only run one at a time. You can also contact Microsoft and ask them, but obviously expect the strictest answer.

Just a thought on the subject.

John Vaughters