[TriLUG] Fwd: NC State FOSS Fair: March 1 in EB II

Matthew Frazier leafstormrush at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 12:51:15 EST 2014

Hello, campus open source community!

While some of the details are still falling into place, I am proud to
announce that we have selected a time, date, and location for FOSS
Fair 2014!

Where: Engineering Building II, 890 Oval Drive, Raleigh, NC
When: Saturday, March 1, 2014, from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Who: Anyone interested in free and open source software!
Wiki: https://opensource.ncsu.edu/FossFair2014

This year, the Fair is organized primarily by the Linux Users Group at
NC State, with additional support from elements of the Department of
Computer Science, the Triangle Linux Users Group, and ITECS. In
addition, I am excited to announce that Raleigh's very own Red Hat is
once again sponsoring us for breakfast and lunch!

If you want to participate in FOSS Fair by giving a presentation or
even just attending, the first order of business is to sign up. The
link to the signup form is on our wiki page, and if you sign up by
February 17, you'll get a spiffy name badge and a space in the
headcount for lunch. Then, volunteer for a topic (or suggest something
you would like someone else to speak about) by editing the wiki page.

The wiki page also has directions to EB II, parking information,
details about what FOSS Fair is, and our Code of Conduct. This
information isn't completely final yet, so keep checking back. And if
you have any questions or concerns, email <opensource at lists.ncsu.edu>
if it's a question for the general public, or
<linux-users-group at ncsu.edu> if it's a question you'd prefer to keep
private.

We also need volunteers to help us set up, clean up, watch the door so
people can get into the building, give people directions, and the
like. If you want to help, email <linux-users-group at ncsu.edu>.

But for now, what we need more than anything is promotion. We only
have two weeks to promote the Fair before the lunch deadline, so tell
all your friends! Forward this email to any people or mailing lists
you think may be interested, and share it on any social media channels you
frequent.

See you at the Fair!

Thanks,
Matthew Frazier