[TriLUG] OT: Old Dog In Need of New Trick - Digital TV Recording

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Fri Feb 7 11:03:06 EST 2014

Since you're just using OTA, my suggestion is to get an HDHomeRun. The
dual tuner version is $85 from Newegg, so you could record a show and
watch another. The best part is since the signal is digital, you're just
writing bits to disk and not having to go through a DAC/ADC cycle. In
fact, you don't even need a fancy media program. You can command
recording through a simple script. That said, a quick search seems to
indicate that it integrates with RaspBMC quite nicely.

-- Kevin