[TriLUG] DLINK NAS Issue

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Sun Feb 16 19:18:49 EST 2014

You did not mention how you access the NAS or what distro/DM you are running. I can share that on my Home built NAS that has AFP and SMB shares and desktops that use Ubuntu and Unity I experience something similar: the browser does not see the NAS when uploading files.

The explanation I can think of is that Nautilus does not actually mount the network shares but only attaches them using the Gnome VFS so only applications like Nautilus that support the Gnome VFS see it. This is terrible and should be corrected at the distro level.

If this is the case with you a simple solution is to mount the share explicitly using /etc/fstab.

Igor