[TriLUG] PHP Editor

Michael Kimsal mgkimsal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 15:08:56 EST 2014

The Triangle PHP group might have some other useful input on this (perhaps
even more useful than "rm"!)

http://www.meetup.com/trianglephp/

I've alternated between Zend Studio and PHPStorm for a long time, and fall
down on PHPStorm more these days mostly because I'm not much of an Eclipse
fan, and Zend Studio is Eclipse-based.  PHPStorm tends to be a bit less
expensive too.

I use vim for a lot of work, especially when doing quick work on remote
servers.  For longer periods of dev time, I've found PHPStorm hard to beat.
 You can even 'step debug' in vim, apparently, but... I'm not sure how
useful that's going to be.

On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Michael Rothwell <michael at rothwell.us>wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Brian McCullough <bdmc at buadh-brath.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Although I am old-fashioned, and use a text editor ( usually vim ) for
> > my development, I have a friend who is asking about good editors for
> > PHP development ( and other code editing ) work.
> >
> > Since this group is so eclectic, I am sure that I will receive a
> > plethora of responses.   Drifting a bit off topic, we are also open to
> > suggestions for other operating systems ( and Windows! ).
> >

> I generally use "rm" to edit php code.
>

> --
> Michael Rothwell
> michael at rothwell.us