[TriLUG] Ford Drops Windows for their Sync System

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Feb 24 17:38:29 EST 2014

On Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:18:09 -0500
Brian Weaver <cmdrclueless at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a big fan of constructive
> competition; when that occurs the consumer wins.

In that case, you *really* should hate Microsoft, because from
1991-2005 their core competancy was elimination of constructive
competition by dirty means, and by just plain illegal means.

> > * DR DOS: What could it have become?
> > * Netscape: What could it have become?
> >

> Unless I'm mistaken that's why we have Firefox now. Google Chrome and
> Opera came in to fight in a space that Microsoft muscled into and won
> for a period of time. How is that different from multiple competing
> open source applications?

Don't take my word for it, take Judge Jackson's word: The way Microsoft
is different is that they knowingly did illegal product tying.

Thanks,

SteveT